Sunday 15 May 2011

Sam the Chameleon

It's been pretty quiet around here, one of the main reasons is that we were getting our first pet and it took a loooot of research to understand these amazing little dudes. :D
Now I don't want to become one of those people who just keeps posting pics of their pets, but when it is as adorable as little Sammy...... here's a shot of him just after having moved in last week anyway!
He's a Panther chameleon and should be any shade of green or blue once he's fully grown. I'm sure his colours will inspire a few yarns in the meantime.

I've been pretty obsessed with Chameleons since seeing one in the wild on my trip to India a good few years ago (2004? 2005?). I even painted a huge acrylic painting of one, because I didn't think I would ever get a real one. :D They're just amazing animals, oogley eyes, the cutest little pegs as feet, colour changing and let's not forget their long tongues and twirly tails!!

1 comment:

Drucilla said...

what an incredible pet!! so glad to see sammy! i hope you do post lots of pics of him as you all get to know each other :D