Sunday 3 April 2011

First art exhibition!!

I don't really know where to start, so let's just say I am sooooooo incredibly excited about having my work exhibited in the gorgeous Hotel Hadley Studios in North Carolina! :)

The exhibition features a whole variety of fibre artists and is called 'Gay for eagles'. It explores themes of gender, sexuality, war and peace.

If you are in the area at all, it will be open from the 15th of April to the 14th of May and you should definitely stop by!

The picture shows a close-up of one of my contributions; I created several pieces of embroidery featuring art yarns I spun specifically for this exhibition.

A big THANK YOU goes out to the amazing Drucilla Pettibone for organising this!

2 comments:

CheshireCat said...

wohooo! Congratulations!

ChelleC said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting.

Yes we're still checking in here periodically.