Saturday 9 January 2010

Carding and dyeing

After my move to the UK my lovely boyfriend got me a drum carder and I have been carding ever since... Mixing all kinds of different colours, textures and fibres is just such instant gratification.
On the left is a simple batt carded from hand dyed Merino wool and Mulberry silk.

Today has also been a big dyeing day - with lots of new sock yarns soon ready to be listed! I'll add some pictures soon, but it is looking pretty good, considering that I haven't done any dyeing in many months.... :D

3 comments:

machelle said...

Your batt looks lovely! The pink is beautiful.. so vintage rose-like :)

Anonymous said...

That looks so pretty. It kind of reminds me of the yarn I'm spinning now. I love that kind of dusty rose/pink and white together.

Brigitte said...

I love all your pretty yarns. One day I'll be able to do it by myself. At the moment I have to practice a lot.
Brigitte