Thursday 5 March 2009

Fresh from the dye pot


Some of you may know that dyeing is not my favourite part of creating, but I am always so amazed and stunned by the results (well, except for a few really fugly dye jobs in my past) that I keep going back to it. I guess it is like a bad drug, where you forget about the negative sides of it when you are on a high...
Anyway, yesterday I pulled myself together and finally did some dyeing, I think the first time since before Christmas - thank God for a well-stocked hand dyed fibre collection...

I planned on dyeing entirely different colours, but when I had the dyes so nicely mixed up into a rainbow I just couldn't say no to it. Three batches of different colours were dyed and I am very happy with the intensity I achieved this time (the colours are a little washed out above, but in real life they are really pretty).

Well, and after some dye pot show and tell on the spinner's ravelry forum I crave another dye pot. Just a quick look on a certain auction house page gave me two delightful results, so pretty soon I should be able to almost double my output, yay!

Btw, the fibres above are mainly Merino/silk but also 200g (just below 8oz) of one of my UK souvenirs, a Merino/soy mix. Trouble is, I am really having a hard time distinguishing them from another now that they are dyed! Luckily the soy has different lengths and so I already started spinning one of these rovings. :)

3 comments:

Alpaca Farmgirl said...

This is so interesting. I love this site. Everything on your blog is great. Fiber lovers need a bib to visit.

I would love for you to link this or any of your posts to our Fiber Arts Friday Carnival! My readers would love to see your work and your blog.

http://www.alpacafarmgirl.com/2009/03/fiber-arts-friday-carnival/

Thanks for sharing!

Snowberry and Lime said...

Thanks for your comment, I will have a look at your page. :)

Tugendfurie said...

The lowest picture is very good :)