Monday 9 February 2009

More tweed!

Well, apparently another tweed yarn got into the shop first, it's a tweed yarn with pearls.
This one is spun from a blended wool mix in red and green, giving the finished yarn an almost even, rusty brown colour. Exactly this 'almost' makes for such an interesting tweedy texture. There are lots of coppery/olive/golden pearls spun in as well for some extra glamour!

Over the weekend I was able to take some more good pictures of yarns to come, so they will get listed over the course of next week.
I am itching to create some more tweed inspired yarns I got in mind, more on this soon. :)

1 comment:

Stefania said...

I definitely love tweed, and this looks elegant and rusty at the same time.
Do you use a drumcarder to blend fibres, I'm still doing it with handcarders...hardwork so far!