Thursday 18 September 2008

Flower bag WIP - crochet

Yay, I got my crochet hook out and finally started working out one of my tweed flower bags according to a sketch I made earlier on. I will crochet all around the top with a beautiful wool and silk dark green tweed yarn I have and then either continue with crochet or - as originally planned - switch to knitting on the top part.
It is going to be a lot of work as I have to push holes in the fabric before starting the first crochet row and the needle size will be quite small - but hopefully it will be well worth it!

If I do another version of this in the future, it will probably be in a chunkier yarn and then definitely knitted. Perhaps also on a smaller bag, this one measures about 40cm at the top, so a circumference of about a jumper size!

I also almost finished a pair of very sweet wrist warmers made from handspun yarn.

2 comments:

Aysel said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I love your work too. You're a very talented crafter. I can't wait to see how the bag will look like. I already added your blog to my blogroll so I can watch your progress.
:))) Deniss

Snowberry and Lime said...

thanks for the comment! The bag probably won?t be the next thing I finish, but it will get done eventually. :D