Saturday 12 July 2008

A little teaser


First bag teaser
Originally uploaded by snowberrylime
Can you believe it? I actually finished one of my new bags! Attentive readers might remember this work in progress.

Well, that bag which seemed almost finished last month is still not actually done... however I got this one done, which is great fun.

It is completely my kind of style and I am loving it! I used an old British linen fabric bought during the literature festival in Hay-on-Wye / Wales and combined it with a sweet floral soft and drapey fabric. The closure includes a stunning handmade ceramic button from a very talented artist on etsy.
And yes, the brown top stitching on the handle is hand stitched.

I am hoping to finish a few more bags before taking some proper pictures.
Thanks for reading! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the fabric combination for that bag and the top stitching is so cute. I <3 handstitching.