Thursday 17 April 2008

The bags are back at Snowberry & Lime!

My sewing machine has been leading a sad life the past few months, dare I say years? I guess that is mainly due to my spinning wheel...

However, my great fabric and trimming stash has started calling out to me a few weeks back and I have very slowly started listening to it. One major push was when Teetante took me to a lovely fabric shop and I ended up buying a huge bag of tweeds and wools in many great colours. ....ooops!

Only little later I went to the same fabric shop and found a great variety of matching, yet entirely different fabrics: Corduroy, cotton jersey and pure silk. I think this was the final piece in the jigsaw, seeing these gorgeous fabrics united and right there in my hands made me get out the sewing machine. Another role was played the most wonderful genuine freshwater pearls and amber chips I bought from a lovely seller on etsy. In this brand new collection of bags I am developing right now, all these great supplies find a use. Plus I was finally able to test out my second-hand wooden embroidery hoop. :)

It is still a long way to the finished bag, but here is a first 'work in progress' picture of the handstitched embroidery, Tweeds on wool with a stunning cluster of real jewels.

No comments: