Saturday 7 July 2007

Old penny

This is my latest yarn, it's pure Merino and it's called 'Old penny'.
The colours are a subtle rusty red and an old fashioned green.
Other than this I have been working on a thin 2ply Merino/silk yarn - it's taking a lot longer than I thought it would.
After this I will surely start on a bulkier yarn, either with some sequins or perhaps even a complete art yarn!
I've also been part of a beautiful swap called the Magic roving swap, where amongst many other things I received this absolutely stunning orifice hook!

swap4

2 comments:

Skein Queen said...

Love the Old Penny skein. Not sure what an orifice hook is! Sounds scarey! Need to find out more about spinning, I think.

Snowberry and Lime said...

lol, an orifice hook is simply a little gadget to use with the spinning wheel. It makes it so much easier to pull the yarn through before spinning. :)