Friday 8 June 2007

Leaves


Leaves handspun
Originally uploaded by snowberrylime

It's fibre friday! In the future I will try to at least post one new yarn every friday. I've already posted most of my newer yarns yesterday, but this is my latest one: Leaves. It's handspun from hand dyed merino with beads and silvery leaves.

I started with a nice green roving and selected the beads around it. The leaves were a great find and just work so well...

It's so smooshy and took me so long that I don't think I can part with it! It will most likely turn into a hat or some sort of a scarf once autumn approaches. :)

Here is a WIP shot, just before starting to ply this yarn (please ignore the blue tack on the side, it keeps it all running a bit smoother):

Leaves to be plied

2 comments:

dianemulholland said...

A shiny new blog :-D

I'll be popping by to check out what you've been up to!

iSew said...

What beautiful yarn. I'm a crocheter, but have always used the cheap stuff. You are definitely tempting me with some gorgeous hand dyed yarns. yummy.